Introduction

Welcome and thanks for stopping by! For now this page is a collection of bikes that I like, my opinion on each bike, and technical data for those of you that care. Let me know if you'd like me to put up something on your bike, and if you have pictures, I'll put them up! Thanks for looking!

$

My Bike

My Bike
So much fun to ride!

Friday, October 19, 2007

A Few More Bikes...


This is a Kawasaki Eliminator 125. Very decent looking bike and fairly affordable at about $2700. Cruiser style body with half the weight (about 300 pounds when empty), and about a quarter of the standard engine size. This 125cc engine pumps out around 12-13 horsepower. While this is plenty for getting around town, I wouldn't recommend it for highway driving or general long distance trips. Despite those thoughts, it is still a Kawasaki, so you know you're getting quality.


Next is the QLINK Legend 250. I really like the look of this bike especially considering that it only boasts a 250cc engine. Unique features on this bike include a triple headlight as opposed to the standard single bulb on most bikes nowadays. Also different is the backrest for any passenger willing to tag along. I haven't seen many bikes this small incorporate a backrest, and I'm not sure why more of them don't. The riveting on the sides of the leather seats along with the blade-like wheels give this bike a lean mean look at an affordable $3000.


The Suzuki GZ250 surprises me. To my eyes it looks to be the same size if not maybe a tad smaller than the Kawasaki above. It happens to have double the engine size and around twice the horsepower as well. Like the other bikes in this post, it has a low seat height - just 28 inches off the black top. The GZ250 rides a little higher in pricing at $3250, but in the end it all depends on your personal preference and income.



The last bike on this list is the most expensive and actually my least favorite of the four, but it's still a nice looking bike. The Yamaha Virago 250 does have the nicest looking engine of the group, even though it's still just 250 cc's. I'd like it better in black or maybe fire engine red. It has a V-Twin engine design for pumping out a little extra power but still weighs in a 300 pounds empty. Seems like a pretty fast little bike. I said it's not my favorite, but the main reason for saying that is that this bike doesn't have a pre-designed spot for sidebags. If you look above, the other three bikes already have places for them above the rear wheel. I'm coming to realize this is a pretty important feature. In the end, you have to decide if spending $3500 on this bike is worth it to you. Still a whole lot cheaper than any Harley, but a lot less powerful too.
More to come later!

No comments: