Introduction

Welcome and thanks for stopping by! For now this page is a collection of bikes that I like, my opinion on each bike, and technical data for those of you that care. Let me know if you'd like me to put up something on your bike, and if you have pictures, I'll put them up! Thanks for looking!

$

My Bike

My Bike
So much fun to ride!

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Honda VTX 1300C

This is a Honda VTX 1300C. This bike is a bull. It's huge! It doesn't look twice as big as my bike in this picture, but it's enormous. Curb weight is 678 pounds. That's over twice the weight of my bike. The 1300C also has a 4.8 gallon gas tank, so it can travel about 168 miles on one tank (about 35 mpg). While this bike can't go as far as the Shadow, I'd almost prefer this bike on long distance travelling. The larger engine seems like it would be even more comfortable at highway speeds. The closest I've ever come to riding either bike is just sitting on it at the dealership, so I wouldn't really know either way. The 2008 model comes in four colors: Black, silver, yellow, and red, with the black being the cheapest to purchase. The seat height on this bike is 27.6 inches off the ground, so it's actually a whole inch higher than the Rebel, but almost two inches higher than the Shadow. Despite the attractive features of the 1300, its price tag is a powerful deterrent for me right now ($9599). Granted it's still cheaper than even a used Harley V-Rod, but too much for my pocket right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Check out a Honda Valkyrie 1500C or 1500 CT. That is a massive bike and doesn't even begin to pretend to be a silly V-Twin. Don't mis understand me, V-Twins are impressive, but the Valk is a bikers bike. Size power and comfort, what else is there to say?